Tuesday, July 13, 2010

People Can Be Mean

Well DUH! Who doesn't know that?!? And yet, when it happened to me yesterday I was really taken aback. I try awfully hard to play nice, and I'm always shocked when somebody poops in the sandbox.

Oh well, what happened is not about me, but it says a lot about the person who hurt me. She's good, but she doesn't get to take all the credit for my success or my designs. Geez! Great minds think alike! Great ideas often pop up in several different places at once.


I would never copy anybody else's ideas. But I am very often inspired by them. I'm not sure I have the quote exactly right but, "If we have seen far it is because we stood on the shoulders of giants."

Two of my giants: Amber Dawn who insisted on quality when I was making quantity, and Susan Lenart Kazmer who broke the mold when it came to jewelry. Both are teachers and both are generous with their ideas.

1 comment:

Kristi Wodek said...

Thank you for saying this. YOU are an inspiration for being YOU. Keep it up and don't let others try to drag you down.