Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Junk Journal

We were planning to move, so I needed to reduce the amount of accumulated ephemera and wallpaper samples. Simple, right? 

I saw a link on Debbie's blog for a class that looked interesting: Mary Ann Moss' Remains Of The Day Journal. I saw the preview and went nuts! The premise is to sew together a bunch of stuff: junk mail, used envelopes, ads, magazine pages, photos, paint chips, labels... You get the picture. 

I swear if I had any money to spend (and you know I really don't!) I'd spend it on one of these classes: 
This woman is a genius! I'm excited-crazy-inspired about her work!  

So anyway, I started tossing paper into a shoebox. Eek! It really isn't hard for a packrat like me to find plenty of material for a paper project. I was having a problem getting started, so I decided that instead of just throwing together random items, I'd use things I like to look at and to play with color combinations. Guess what--I now have--well, take look: 
Purple and green
All different greens plus peach

Turquoise

Pink, fuchsia, raspberry

Phoebe helping me sew

Burgundy, apricot, rose
Phoebe adjusting the stitch length

Sunset colors: purple, orange, gold...
The materials I'm using aren't really the kinds of things used in Mary Ann's class. But her idea really set off some dynamite in my creative center. I think what I have here is a multi-page collage of inspirational colors, handmade papers, bits of graphics and photos and images I like too much to throw away. 
I have several signatures ready to be sewn. But I'm leaving lots of little holes and spaces and pockets so I can write in the finished book, and tuck in stuff whenever I'm inspired.
Thank you Mary Ann Moss! 

4 comments:

Kitten said...

Peggy, I love how inspired you've become...but my favorite pic is Phoebe adjusting the tension on your machine! I need her to come fix mine...I've still not fixed it so I can get back to sewing signatures. You'll have an ROD before I do!
xo
Debbie
===^..^===
http://kittencreates.blogspot.com/

Peggy said...

No way will I be done before you! And it's YOUR FAULT I got so distracted from the work I'm supposed to be doing!

Bev said...

Love the colors you have come up with. You will both be done with yours before I even attempt to do one. So you both have one up on me!

Go for it Peg!!

Bev

Unknown said...

網頁設計 網路行銷 關鍵字廣告 關鍵字行銷 餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 關島婚禮 巴里島機票 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 情趣用品 情趣用品 腳臭 長灘島 長灘島旅遊 ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 記憶體 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 SD記憶卡 婚禮顧問 婚禮顧問 水晶 花蓮民宿 血糖機 血壓計 洗鼻器 熱敷墊 體脂計 化痰機 氧氣製造機 氣墊床 電動病床 ソリッドステートドライブ USB フラッシュドライブ SD シリーズ